Wednesday, May 18, 2011

...and we're BACK!


When I was little I remember every June a Luna moth would arrive at the same spot on the exterior of our camp on Otis Mountain. For me, this meant the beginning of summer. It always blew my mind: how on earth had all of these awesome pistachio-colored moths - who didn't even share life at the same time - agree to come back to the same spot year after year??? It still blows my mind. (Any lepidopterologists out there who can shed a little light on this phenomenon?)

Anyway, I present to you the LUNA MOTH and the beginning of summer.

Luna Moth on the Sale Tent at The Birch Store

It was a long pupation,(a never-ending winter and an underwater spring can really slow a lass down!)but we've finally emerged! Let the Birch bLOG resume!

It's officially time for summer and all that comes with its glorious arrival: luna moths, sunshine, allergies(!), thunderstorms, flowers and NEW CLOTHES, NEW JEWELRY, NEW COLORS and ALL OF THE FABULOUS STUFF WE ORDERED at the gift show.

Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment