Monday, January 31, 2011

Mom and Me at the Gift Show



Aren't my mom, (aka Mrs Birch Store) and I cute? We just spent an exhausting yet inspiring weekend together, along with Pam and Anne, at the gift show in Snow York City. We raced around like birch banshees until our feet hurt (well, my mom's didn't hurt - apparently these feel good even after ten hours upright!)

Y'all should be very excited for the spring arrivals - new goodies from some of our favorite vendors along with special finds we can't wait to share with you. I'm talking modern and traditionally designed fair trade treasures (many of which support amazing causes) from around the globe: Irish capes; Kenyan bags; Nepalese cashmere; Lithuanian linen; Israeli Jewelry; woodland creatures from Chiang Mai; Peruvian alpaca sweaters as well as good old made in the USA delights! So many special new things, I'm giddy just thinking about it.

I think we walked for miles, and of course had to pass on a few oddball items. Does anyone think the Birch Store should sell these???


My favorite part of the weekend? When my mom suggested she should do some blogging as well. She told me, "We could go back and forth blogging. It would be like Joan and Melissa Rivers.... Only I'm Melissa and you're Joan."


No comments:

Post a Comment